From Concept through Production,
your Mixed Signal ASIC Solution.
Below you can find a list of frequently asked questions regarding our CSS mixed signal ASIC solutions. Please click on a question to reveal the answer.
Answer: There are many reason to consider a Mixed Signal ASIC:
1. Reduced production cost: A Mixed Signal ASIC will reduce the component costs of your present electronic system. This is usually the primary motivating factor to develop the ASIC. The saving in component costs alone typically will quickly repay the developmental costs (NRE). Assembly costs are also reduced - fewer components, smaller PC card.
2. Improved performance: A Mixed Signal ASIC can improve your electronic system performance. This is especially true for the analog circuits. With non-volatile memory (EEPROM), we can trim analog for optimum performance. Digital performance can often be improved, as well, since it is designed specifically for your application. Also, overall performance in specific areas can be optimized. For example, your system power can be significantly reduced.
3. Smaller size: Of course, a Mixed Signal ASIC will result in a much smaller area for your electronics.
4. Improved reliability: Integrating most of your electronic system into Mixed Signal ASIC will improve your system reliability. The significant reduction in component count and their required interconnects provides for much of the reliability improvement.
5. Intellectual Property protection: Integration of your electronic system into a custom Mixed Signal ASIC will make it much more difficult for others to copy your system design.
If you would like to discuss detail of the benefits of a custom ASIC for your electronic system, please contact us.
Answer:Although often believed to be expensive, a custom Mixed Signal ASIC can be relatively inexpensive and provide an excellent return on your investment. These ASICS are usually a lot less costly to produce in production than the cost of components they replace. Also, lower assembly and testing costs further reduce your production costs.
However, your overall cost needs to consider the Non-Recurring Engineering (NRE) needed to develop the ASIC. The usual consideration is that the NRE needs to be recovered in some relatively short period of time. Our experience indicates that typical NRE's may be recovered in a year with the saving realized in production.
We would be happy to estimate the savings you would realize with a custom ASIC – just contact us for free estimate with no obligations.
Answer:These are the primary reasons we believe Custom Silicon Solutions is your best choice:
1. Your ASIC development and production experience will be pleasant. Our many years of experience designing and producing Mixed Signal ASICs allow us to provide for a smooth development cycle and for reliable sustained production. Please refer to Applications Overview to review some of our ASIC experience.
2. Your ASIC development and production costs will be lower. By choosing the appropriate technologies and applying our extensive design experience, we can provide lower NRE and production unit pricing. Please refer to ASIC Development and ASIC Production to understand our approaches in these areas.
3. Our previous customers have been pleased with our work. Please review Customer Comments for a sample of recent CSS customer testimonial regarding our performance.
Answer:Our customers do not need to know how to develop and produce an ASIC. CSS provides the Total Solution to the development of a Custom Mixed Signal ASIC.
However, your involvement can be to whatever degree you wish. We typically have five Reviews in the development process: (1) a Preliminary Design Review, (2) a Critical Design Review, (3) a Final Design Review and (4) a Prototype Acceptance Review and (5) a Production Acceptance Review. Details of the development cycle can be reviewed in our ASIC Development page.
Answer:ASIC Development cost and Product cost can vary considerably depending on the complexity of the ASIC and the technology used to produce it. However, CSS concentrates on applications and technologies that can produce your ASIC for a relatively low cost.
We will be happy to provide a quote, including the development cost and schedule for your ASIC. We will also provide an estimate of the Unit Price for the ASIC in production. There is no cost or obligation for this service. Simply complete the form provided in the CSS Contacts page.